Friday 14 June 2013

Symphony Hall

Today was a really fun day! We went to the Symphony Hall to listen to famous pieces of music that had been created throughout Birmingham's history. When I first thought of it I thought it was going to be boring but then I realised to not judge a book by it's cover. When I first stepped into the Symphony Hall Orchestra I was completely dazzled by the hall. It was enormous! I was also shocked to see so many instruments, like; a harp; a big bass drum and an oboe. To be honest I've only heard of these instruments, I've never seen so many unique instruments. After a while when the musicians finished tuning their instrument they began to playa dull, gloomy piece of music which I kind of enjoyed.

The conductors were guiding the musicians beautifully to make a lovely piece of music which I am sure the schools enjoyed. The orchestra played several pieces of music which was explained to us so we knew when it was made and where they got their inspiration from. 

My favourite piece was the World War II Spitfire. 

I would like to thank Mrs Derrick and the members of staff for taking the time to organise this. 

By Aysheen Lakhani Year 7

No comments:

Post a Comment