Monday 4 February 2013

Will Happiness Prevail?


lady called Elaine was an orphan, her mother and father died when Elaine was 2. They died in an accident when they were heading home from their dinner. At 23, Elaine got married and at 26 Elaine gave birth to a girl. After Elaine gave birth she named her daughter after her mother, Natalie.

Natalie was 36 and her mother was murdered and her father died 3 years later.  One day Natalie was looking for a folder which she had misplaced, as she was searching like a lunatic, she came across a   picture. The picture was of her dead daughter.

Natalie had a flash back of how her daughter died. At the age 17 Natalie had a girl, and she named her Avery, the nurse took the baby to do some tests, 2 hours later they told Natalie that her baby died. After hearing this, Natalie was distraught, she would lock herself in her room and would listen to music all day and would not come out of her room, even when her parents would constantly lecture her about how to deal with her grief. As the days went by, she slowly got a grip and went back to study.

One afternoon, someone knocked on the door, and when Natalie opened the door, there was a girl.

“Hi, may I help”, stammered Natalie.

“Mum, it’s me, you’re daughter”, cried the girl.

“What, what are you talking about? My daughter’s dead she died the moment she was born, don’t talk nonsense, and go”, shouted Natalie.

“I know that is what the nurse said to you but when you left the hospital in the morning on that same afternoon I gained conscious, however they kept me in the hospital for a week to make sure that I was fine and that they would inform you to take me home, but they said you moved houses- and put me into care”, cried the girl.

“I don’t believe you… but, come in”, whispered Natalie.

No, how can you still believe that I’m not you’re daughter, if I wasn’t you’re daughter would I come to you. Forget it, I knew I should not have come here after looking for you for years, forget it ok”, she cried. The girl ran away and then a lady came in front of Natalie and said “whatever that girl is saying is the truth, here is her birth certificate, see her name is Avery just like you named her”.

Then Natalie knew what the girl said was true, and then she hurried after her and saw her getting on a train going to another city. Then Natalie heard two men saying that the train had a bomb and it is going to explode in 10 secs.

“Oh gosh, the train has a... AVERY GET OFF!! THE TRAIN HAS A BOMB”!!

BANG!!

 AVERY”!!!

The train had exploded and everyone had died; Natalie never got to say sorry to her long lost daughter, Avery. She never heard the word- ‘MUM’!!
By Habiba Begum Year 7

No comments:

Post a Comment