Monday 4 February 2013

Abandoned child

My parents abandoned me when I was 9 and I was sent to the orphanage; what a terrible place. At midnight, you could hear other children crying and throwing a tantrum about why they were here. Some children would want someone to adopt them, but I don't.

The next morning, I woke up late and thought about my life and what would happen to me.
"Evie, Evie! Wake up child it is time for breakfast!"
That's me, Evie Brown, and that was Samantha Pucket, the nurse that looks after me. She took out my clothes and laid them on my bed, as she left the room, I got up and looked at myself in the mirror and then I touched my long brown hair and looked at my hazel coloured eyes while I got dressed.
As I walked down to the hall, I saw my friend, Hilda May, I was fond of Hilda, she was always nice to me unlike the other children.
We greeted each other and went to the hall, we found seats and sat down. I looked at my plate and sighed, it was last weeks shepherds pie.
With the sight of this, I skipped breakfast and went to see Gladis Harmondale, she was the lady who filed the reports and saw who was going to be adopted. She gave me a friendly smile and waved, I asked her if anyone was going to get adopted. To my surprise, it was Julian Hessenheffer, the boy who would call me names and make faces at me. Who in the world would want to adopt him?
After, I went to the gardens and thought to myself if I would get adopted, but no, I didn't want to, not after when my parents thought I was a disgrace to the family and that was the reason I ended up here. Whenever I think about this I feel neglected and that I don't belong anywhere and also that I will end up alone with no one to look after me.
Later, I heard a nice family talking about adopting, a minute later they saw me and asked if I was adopted and I replied no. They smiled and walked into the orphanage.
It was a long day and I went back inside and had a glass of milk, after that I went to bed and said my prayers.
The next morning, I was told to see Gladis and wasn't told why. When I walked inside I saw that family smiling and I realised I was going to be adopted!
I was kind of shocked and ran to my room. I knew that I needed a fresh start and this was my chance. I said my goodbyes and left with the family.

I guess everyone needs a fresh start...

By Maria Hussain Year 8

No comments:

Post a Comment