Sunday 24 February 2013

Trapped

My names Kate and I have felt trapped ever since my 16th birthday.

Monday morning was the same every week.  The beginning of the week where I argued with my mum and slammed the door and left the house but today was completely different.

Mum was out so I had the house to myself.  I missed mum today. It has been hard for me and mum ever since my dad died. He died a tragic death. Ever since then my mum has blamed me for all our problems. Even financial problems.

I left the house for college and I linked up with my best mate Sarah.

“Heeeeey”! Sarah shouted from the other side of the road, she ran up and grabbed me in to a tight hug. I missed Sarah’s hugs over the holidays. She was the best friend anyone could possibly want “Hey, you trying to strangle me,” I asked smiling. I was so happy to see her. Sarah sang happy birthday to me just like every year and she took out a small box. She handed me the box, I opened it. There was a necklace with my name on.

We both talked and walked over to the college gates and out of know where Sarah asked “how is everything with your mum”? I didn’t know what to say so I just carried on waking in silence.

“Happy birthday kitty cat”, I turned around to find Luke standing behind me. Luke was my other best friend. I liked him from the first day I met him but Luke understood that our friendship couldn’t be anything more, not with the problems I had at home, still he was a good friend. The 3 of us walked to class together. At 3pm I received a text.

                 Hey honey, happy birthday come home at7pm 

      I have a surprise. Love Mumx

I shut my phone and rolled my eyes thinking oh she actually remembered.  I finished my work and decided to walk home even though mum wanted me home at 7pm.

I arrived at the door and bounded up the stairs. I could hear giggling. I opened Mums door and…

I ran out of the house as fast as I could. How could she? She replaced my dad for Uncle Daniel. My dad’s brother! I couldn’t think about it. It was disgusting! I ran to the lake were dad always took me. I missed dad. I wiped my tears and I took out the knife I had in my boot. It quivered in my hand as decisions over whelmed me. I raised it to my neck and felt a warm trickle…

It was dark. I couldn’t see anything. I couldn’t move. I felt trapped. I could hear voices ‘Is she okay doctor’? A breathless voice whispered. It was Moms voice. I could hear other voices too. Luke. Sarah, the people who loved me most. I tried to move my body as the light drained away.

My brain buzzed, was this the end….
 
By Isma Bibi Year 8

 

No comments:

Post a Comment