Thursday 22 November 2012

Falling Angels

Preface

24th December 1953 7:52pm

1 day before Christmas

Dear Diary,

Today was a day I will never forget! This was by far the best present I could ever be given. This morning I went on a stroll in the park where I met the guy of my dreams. He was like an angel who came from the heavens just to infuriate others with his dazzling looks. This was my partner, Steven Jones who was waiting for my arrival. When I walked to Steven I felt like my heart was about to explode with the expectations of today's plan. This was when I was taken by surprise, Steven was on his knees, holding my hands in his and after I was able to compose myself from the surprise he asked me to marry him. At first I thought it was a joke, but after looking at his face I could see he was serious, and so the first thing that came to my head was "Yes, I will marry you, Steve." I didn't really care about anything else except him; this was the happiest day of my life.

Rosaline
 
Chapter 1
 
This was just an average Friday morning at home; wake up, brush my teeth, get changed, eat some breakfast and leave for school. When I arrived at school, trouble erupted from the other side of the car park. The girls march over to me with intimidating speed engulfing me within the pack. The girl in front was Stacey Becket, my all-time rival since I came to this school. The last time me and Stacey were together was when we were fighting after she made a fool out of me in class. "Look who the cat dragged in girls, a filthy rodent!" Stacey said and then all the other girls laughed on cue looking like they had been having a rehearsal before a performance. I wanted to hit Stacey in the face for all the torment she inflicted on me like: placing a few spiders in my bag, throwing mud at my face and pushing me down in gym all the time.
 
The was the girl I hated with every fibre of my being. "Oh, look who it is, the wicked witch of the west," I said as I walked past her and her gang. I made my way to English where I met one of my friends, Ashley June, my best friend. "Hurry up Victoria before we're late for class." I ran the distance between us and we quickly made our way to class. We made it in time before Miss Dodd's started with the register when I realised someone was sitting in my seat. I wanted to yell at that person for being so stupid until I saw his face. How his pale skin went with his dark hair, how his topaz eyes twinkled in the lights, how his face made my legs quiver and how his eyes were watching me like a mountain lion would watch a deer with a hungry and unsettling look on their face. When he saw I was looking at him he quickly composed himself, probably hoping I hadn't seen his look for some reason. "Miss Grace I do hope you can take a seat so I may be able to start the register?" Miss Dodd's question snapped me back to reality. "Of course Miss Dodd's." I made my legs move and made my way to the only chair left, right at the back of the class.
 
As soon as I sat down, Miss Dodd's started reading the register, but I wasn't really paying attention as I tried to figure out who was the new person till Miss Dodd's called my name, but the next one I have not heard of. "Steven Jones?" Miss Dodd's asked, that was when the new boy spoke "Yes Miss Dodd's." His voice was so mesmerising it was like an angel only more harmonised within his being. It was so beautiful that I almost asked him to speak again, but I was able to quickly stop myself from being the new laughing stock in school. Realisation dawned on me that I now knew his name, Steven Jones, Steven Jones, Steven Jon- "Victoria, Victoria did you finish the English homework?" asked Ashley. "Oh my gosh, I totally forgot all about it!" "Miss Dodd's is going to freak!" Ashley did her best to suppress a smile, but I could see it around the edges of her mouth.
 
After Miss Dodd's had finished her rant about me not doing my homework was when we started to learn some interesting facts on Romeo and Juliet like the play was set in Verona, at first Romeo was in love with Rosaline and the Montague and Capulet families are bitter enemies yet I just couldn't forget Steven for some strange reason. When English finished I had Maths with Mr Smith, this teacher was one nobody liked at all. He was one who has never ever been nice to his students especially when it came to the remarks he makes to the students on their test results, which was enough to make you hate the guy for life. "Miss Grace, I hope you may hurry up and sit down, especially considering the fact that you are falling behind in class and last week's test results were horrendous young lady, and as such you are being forced to attend revision sessions every Friday after school starting today from 3 to 4 o'clock!"
 
"What! I can't because I have plans to go to the mall with my friends!"
 
"Yes you will Victoria or else yo will not be entered in the SATs exams in June!"
 
I walked to my seat, skulking after this atrocity has been made. I opened my maths book and found my last piece of work. It had a post-it note stuck on it. It said 'you must show you're working out when solving a simultaneous equation if you are to get full marks.' "Aargh!" I closed my maths book and threw it at the other end of the table. I was so outraged I didn't even notice Jane staring at me like I was crazy until Mir Smith asked for silence.
 
 
To be continued...
 
By Ezekiel Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment